In this post, I want to share with you some Citrix Hypervisor 8.2 LTSR what’s new. The feature I liked very much is the possibility to easily replace the Citrix Hypervisor host TLS certificates.
New features and improvements in Citrix Hypervisor 8.2
Increased configuration limits
- The maximum host RAM is now 6 TB
- The maximum number of logical processors per host is now 448 CPUs
Enable and disable read caching from within XenCenter
This feature can now be enabled and disabled for each individual SR from the XenCenter console. You might want to disable read caching in the following cases:
- You have no file-based SRs
- You do not have any cloned VMs
- You have insufficient memory available to allocate to dom0 to derive any performance benefits
Changes to guest operating system support
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5 (64-bit)
- Ubuntu 20.04 (64-bit)
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 SP1
Install a TLS certificate on your Citrix Hypervisor server
Citrix Hypervisor now enables easy installation of server TLS certificates. 🥰
Enforcing use of the TLS 1.2 protocol
Citrix Hypervisor now enforces the use of the TLS 1.2 protocol for any HTTPS traffic between Citrix Hypervisor and an external network.
Disaggregation of the Citrix VM Tools
The Citrix VM Tools are now provided as two separate component:
- Citrix VM Tools for Windows
- Citrix VM Tools for Linux
Read Citrix Hypervisor 8.2 LTSR What’s new to cover it all.
Top 10 reasons to move to Citrix Hypervisor 8.2 LTSR
Citrix Hypervisor 8.2 LTSR is here!
Leave a Reply